Leave your worries to IT professionals.
Outsourcing allows managers to concentrate their efforts on core business activities. Outsourcing also helps correct problems with the coordination of information flows and is useful in the search for top specialists.
- First-rate level of information services that provide a competitive advantage.
- Regular costs instead of one-time investments, including a summary of costs for information services.
- The guarantee of leading information technology suppliers – Minerva business partners.
The globalization of markets and the European integration of manufacturing companies has created new opportunities, while simultaneously increasing the competitive environment. A method exists that allows companies to take advantage of opportunities while also limiting the threat of a competitive battle. This method involves timely, complete, and relevant information.
Building an extensive enterprise information system demands a sizeable investment, hiring and continually training top information specialists, complicated coordination of production and information activities, and monitoring, analyzing, and applying the latest global trends.
Outsourcing your information system is a method that leads you to your goals without the stress from having made the wrong decision or from the inevitable trial and error.
What is outsourcing?
- Outsourcing means transferring the responsibility for IS/IT activities from the company to a supplier.
- Outsourcing can also include the retroactive purchase of the customer’s assets, and even the transfer of IT employees to the supplier.
- Outsourcing is implemented in two phases: the outsourcing of IS/IT operations and the outsourcing of information services. In the first phase activities on the level of IS/IT operative management are transferred; in the second phase tactical and strategic activities are transferred.
- The customer’s information manager plays a key role, even after the complete outsourcing of IS/IT. This individual is responsible for the coordination of strategic decisions in informatics, communication between the supplier and purchaser of services, and for defining the needs of the customer.
- Outsourcing services are paid for in two manners: a lump-sum payment covers repeated activities agreed upon ahead of time; one-time activities are paid for according to a price schedule.
- Measuring the level of service is the critical tool for evaluating the quality and quantity of services provided. Minerva has a developed system of functions that is tested in the transition period and standardized in cooperation with the customer.
- A necessary condition for outsourcing is the introduction of graded procedures that enable each problem to be resolved in the optimal manner.
Outsourcing is an irreversible process and therefore thorough preparation is essential. The following points are requirements for outsourcing:
- A clear information strategy and a good level of information management by the customer.
- Conformity between the business and information strategies.
- Readiness for changes in the area of informatics and business processes connected to sharing and handing over information.
- The creation of the position of information manager by the customer.
What can you expect from Minerva?
Minerva has an infrastructure that provides quick reactions to unusual situations, the development of knowledge and skills of end users, the optimization of business processes, and the management of development projects in the area of informatics. Minerva has a methodology based on long-term experience gained from the implementation and further development of business IS. Partners (subcontractors) in outsourcing projects for which Minerva is the main contractor are renowned global companies that are prepared to cooperate in the development of computer networks, technical equipments, and basic software.
Main benefits of outsourcing
- Reduction of the risk of internal information leaks
- Access to services on the highest level
- Transfer of know-how to company
- Transparent informatics costs
- Optimization of business processes
- Better use of current tools and information
- Transfer of responsibility to a second party
- Guaranteed operation
Creation of long-term partner relationships